Types of YanYen
These are worth 1 YanYen or more.
These are worth less than 1 YanYen.
These are only handed out on major holidays.
These are only handed out on minor holidays.
These are only handed out on special occasions.
These can no-longer be earned as they have been discontinued. In most cases, they were likely replaced.
How to Earn YanYen
- Join the wiki. - 10 YanYen
- Create your first OC. - 10 YanYen
- Create your first club. - 10 YanYen
- Create your first persona. - 10 YanYen
- Earn the Lucky Badge. - 50 YanYen
- Win User of The Week. - 100 YanYen
- Win OC of The Week. - 100 YanYen
- Log on to the wiki on certain holidays. - Depends on the type of holiday.
- Major holidays (example: New Year's) - 50 YanYen
- Minor holidays (example: May Day) - 10 YanYen
- For a list of holidays we celebrate, see here.
- Log on during random coin hand outs. - Random
- Get paid for being staff on the first of each month. - Depends on rank.
- Interns - 0.50 YanYen
- Helpers - 2 YanYen
- Rollbacks and Chat Mods - 5 YanYen
- Content Mods and Discussion Mods - 10 YanYen
- Mini-Admins - 50 YanYen
- Admins and Bureaucrats - 100 YanYen
I didn't get mine when I joined.
This specific one is handled by an automated message. The message can sometimes take time to send, wait a couple hours to a day. If it doesn't come or you've been a member since before these coin started getting handed out, contact a staff member.
It's also possible you joined before we started this. In which case, you will have to contact staff, as your welcome message wouldn't contain it.
I didn't get mine when I made my first OC (or similar).
Please contact a staff member. It is likely they didn't see you make the OC or didn't realize it was your first.
What happens when they are spent?
You say which one you are spending and remove it from your user page. This is so you can collect event yen and not have to spend them if you don't want to.
Can I sell EventYen?
I don't see why not, you could sell it to another user for more money. But the yen's market value isn't any different from a normal one. So an exclusive 1 EventYen is worth just as much as a normal 1 YanYen.
Can I exchange smaller YanYen for bigger?
Yes. If say, you have ten 1s and would rather have one 10, you can ask an admin to officially exchange them. This can also be done in reverse.
Who gives staff their Yen?
Anyone who is ranked higher. For example: The Head Helper can give a Helper yen, but not a normal Helper. If they are the Head Bureaucrat, they have to pay them-self, since no-one is higher by normal rank or sub-rank.
However, staff pay is not done this way. Pay is done by only Bureaucrats, and they are paid by the Head Bureaucrat, who pays them-self.